Sunday, January 18, 2015

Today is a day off from going out to the horses, which is about a 20 min drive on the freeway from home. I am going to try and finish the second of two custom picture pedigrees that I have been working on for a customer who lives in Mississippi. She has asked me to make several pedigrees for her in the past, and make big 11 by 14 copies of all the other pedigrees that I have made.  www.picturepedigree.com   So these latest ones are English racehorse from the 1800's Flyng Fox and Sceptre.
The garden is quite dormant at the moment with a lot of leaves on the ground, that I have been raking up and putting to compost and leaving some on the ground. In this climate they will shrivel up later on and add to the humus of the soil. We have a relatively dry climate.

2 comments:

  1. You have the most interesting career...making horse pedigrees, how splendid.
    Lovely to meet another fellow expat, I'm from Warrington, Cheshire, but also lived for a brief time in Chepstow, not far from your hometown.
    The gardens are looking sad here also, but not long now, and the shoots will be pushing through the warm soil.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo thanks for having a look at my blog !!. My sister lives near Huddersfield, and my Mom's family is from Leek and Manchester.
      I enjoy your blog very much, and the photos of the cottages etc fill me with nostalgia. I am always striving to recreate the feeling, mostly in my garden.
      Enjoy the coming of Spring.
      Marlane

      Delete