Friday, January 23, 2015

My parents on their wedding day just after World War 11
I spent most of yesterday throwing up, and this morning  I am weak but much better. Doug is home today and I may go out with him to see the horses although I will not be able to do much. Then later he is supposed to be watching the grand girls. I decided to just stay home. I did make a copy of the above photo. I have it framed. I realized that I have only one copy of it and if that is lost then no one else in my family would be able to see it in the future. I am fortunate to have a flat bed scanner and saved the photo in my computer then I printed out two copies. Ivy and Karl Albers. My dad was a German prisoner of war when he met my mom who was in the land army. They were divorced when I was about 12 .He died in 1986 in Germany, but my mom is still with us at age 86 living in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment