Saturday, May 12, 2012

So much has happened in the past week. We moved. I did sob as we drove away and D was teary. Our neighbors gave us a going away party. The drive down was good in that I napped a lot. The cats were great lying down together in their cat tent. Intestate 5 freeway was very rough and jolted D very big flat screen TV and my washing machine, Both were irrepairable and we had to buy new ones. The house here is perfect. The location is even more perfect. But there is no soil to dig in around the house, as it is on the top of a hill with bedrock. So we have purchased many planters and I have been busy planting the plants that I brought with me and some that I bought. There is a tomato and pepper plant, and I sowed seeds of lettuce, cilantro, basil and around on the ground wild native flower seeds. The horses arrive next week. We have bought a hay bag for one of them to see how that will work. We need to get hay and set up the pens for them. There are still many things in the trailer in boxes. We are using the same two dishes over and over. But I am amazed at how I feel being here. the Fort bragg house is just a hazy memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment