Monday, November 25, 2024
We had rain
Not much rain fell but it was enough to lay the dust in the arena and round pen. The end of the coughs for horses and humans. Just lately I have been changing the routine on the non riding days and take one of the horses in to the round pen. Today I discovered that Knight will not canter he just trots faster and faster. Well I suddenly realized why... He was trained to be a carriage horse and they must not canter in the show ring. He is certainly capable of a canter and full gallop when ridden as Doug knows, out on the trail. So this is my new aim for Knight to help him feel comfortable cantering in a circle and to develop his cantering muscles and head carriage. He also has a locking stifle so I will be interested to see if this really helps him. The videos are of my riding horse Morgan mare Coco in the round pen. As you can see she knows how to anticipate the whoa. Coco( VJC Mystical Enchantress) is 25 years old. And our three other horses enjoying one of their frequent play sessions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are good looking horses.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra ! Hope that your horses are doing ok .
DeleteThey are. They just got the first round bales for winter put in their paddocks. When they went out this morning they all did a happy dance!
DeleteAhh yes keeping our animals and horses happy is a big part of our lives.
Delete