Friday, November 22, 2024

I had a relapse of thought

My son and his wife posted a whole album of pictures of my grand daughter Audrey and I started to feel very angry again about what was said to me via instagram pm. This was by two of the step grand daughters and thier mother, she backed them up. This was just a small part of what they said. I said four words to each of them about untrue statements they made on their pages villifying Trump. Then the three of them realized that me and my husband had voted for Trump. Qouting from the one girl who is 22 now and going to college in San Diego. "Have you heard of the way he speaks about his daughter? Claiming they have “sex” in common or that he would date her if he wasn’t her daughter. It is quite disgusting that you voted for a man who hates women. I assumed that you were smarter but clearly I am wrong. As an EDUCATED woman I have my facts straight. A persons right to their body should NEVER be someone else’s business. Clearly you have no respect for your daughter nor the future of your granddaughter. I am so grateful that my grandmother voted for a someone who cares about human rights no matter their sexual orientation, race, or gender. If you ever wonder why we never see you this is why. I hope one day you can educate yourself on this matter or in general"

14 comments:

  1. I read an interesting article yesterday and learned something I wasn't aware of, not entirely. The depth and power of the media you get your information from. It's far more than I had any idea of. The belief in what you read, watch and listen to is not about intelligence but rather repetition. Facts become fiction. Fiction firmly held as belief. Your "side" is winning. You will never believe this, but that means the people of this country will be losing. What do you think cutting 2 trillion from 'discretionary' spending in the federal budget will do to the people of this country. Do you know that Social Security and Medicare are part of that spending, even though they are paid by their own tax? Education? Lots more. Do you understand tariffs raise the cost of products? Knowing something about whatever cabinet position you are appointed to matters. You wouldn't want someone who has no horse experience but can do accounting run a horse farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also would you rather illegal immigrants come here and use up tax payers money to get help to live. because that is what would have happened and is already happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Marlane. I wanted to try. If you look up federal funding for undocumented immigrants you will find they are ineligible for any federally funded programs, with the small exception of lifesaving medical care. The states can determine how they handle this. Minnesota, as of 2018, had the highest percentage of refugees per capita of any state. We do have state funded assistance for them. We also have a vibrant economy, well-funded education system, health care and one of the highest per capita college graduates. Multiple multinational corporation have their headquarters here. Yes, we pay higher taxes, but the results are worth it. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I'm attempting to bring forth a different view. Spark curiosity.

      Delete
    2. Ok thank you I feel better and I hope that you do too.

      Delete
  3. We are only hearing one side of the story ,your's ...sometimes it is better to step away ,espiecially when politics are involved !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not when a person is unjustiably insulted !

      Delete
    2. Mazbean is my twin sister and has a huge issue with a disagreement we had many years ago. She is continuing with the same theme of me being the bad guy. No amount of logical explaining will change her mind. Is there a name for it ? I have run through most of them such as narcissism, gas lighting, passive aggression and more. She keeps saying she just expressed her opinion.. But it was much much more. She absolutely trashed all that I was saying then and continues with this same way of reacting. You can see some of it in the dialog here on this blog from her. But it is much worse in the private messaging on Face book. I could go on .....

      Delete
    3. but didn't you jump in on their post ...

      Delete
    4. What has it got to do with you what I did with someone else. You have no idea what the circumstances were.

      Delete
  4. yes you have .called me every name and thought of every mental illness ,why would anyone do this ,it is pointless and very childish !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is more pointless and childish than continuing to comment, as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just pointing out the reality of a situation ,where name calling and diagnosing to put some one down is pointless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do it in the first place what do you hope to achieve apart from creating much entertainment for me and others

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is extraordinary I already have explained at length in private message on face book. Once again you want to harass me, re read what I wrote there.

    ReplyDelete