Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Christmas Season

 As with last Christmas this one is lonely. I do not know if we will ever see our friends again as they are so afraid of the Covid and the Omicron and what ever other variants will come about. Never the less we do have Doug's(my husband) son and his wife who will come to our house for Christmas dinner. I have put my miniature white Chrismas tree out, and neighbors have left us plants at the door step that I can use to decorate the house such as a Poinsettia and a


red Gerbera. They too are so afraid and wont see us face to face by knocking on the door. Above is a photo of our fireplace with a fire going in it. This year, because it has rained a lot we can have a fire and not be worried about embers from the chimney starting a wildfire. ( here in Southern California, Simi Valley) I decided a few days ago to start writing my memoirs about my life with horses/ponies , starting in England and Wales and then in the USA after I moved here. I am really enjoying doing that and looking for pictures to add and realizing some home truths. Hopefully this link goes there It is on my picture pedigree blog.https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/2368481935633369566

9 comments:

  1. We are in the same dire situation, the younger ones seem more nonchalant about the virus, but if you are older and have underlying conditions as my husband does, we have to be extra vigilant. Hoping we all get to have some kind of Christmas get together, it's going to be 76 degrees on Christmas Day, so hoping we can sit outside. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and here's to a better New Year.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got together with some horse people for a Christmas party and it turned into a COVID-spreader event. So far, none of us who had gotten boosters caught it, but two who were vaccinated but not yet boostered caught it from the infectious unvaccinated couple, who are now VERY SICK (one is in the hospital). It's nothing to mess with, and I am going back to being a hermit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully someday we will all be free of the Covid and the fear. Wishing the best and fast recovery for your ill friends. My step son and his wife had it and were fine, and my son and his wife and parents when they were visiting Korea to see her parents also.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to say that there is now the antibody treatment available in shot or pill form which is very successful in treating Covid and it derivatives. So please no fear and the taking away of human rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the vaccine is free, masks are cheap, but treatment and hospitalization and missing work are NOT free. So while I am not fearful, I choose to act in a way that minimizes risk for myself and those I could possibly infect that might not fare so well against infection.

      Delete
    2. Sory I did not realize about the cost to the self employed. We are on medicare as we are over 62 with some supplemental insurance that is low cost. However our local hospital is a teaching hospital and allows those who can not afford to pay to have treatment with either low payments or gratis. I think that the antibody does not cost a lot and unless someone already had a serious health issue is 100% effective.

      Delete
  4. We had our children here for Christmas, but we all did lateral flow tests first, to stay safe, hopefully. Omicron is ripping through London and beginning to make its presence felt here in Wales too.

    Your link for your other blog somehow leads to mine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not wait for it to be all over. Omicron is all around us here. Just one child and wife here,they have had covid. But it was not because of the covid that the other family wss not here.

      I am not sure what you mean when you say my link to the other blog leads to yours ?

      Delete