Sunday, November 8, 2020


I decided to repaint our rusty horse trailer. Mainly because it was becoming an eyesore. This is the 4th time that  I have done this on three different trailers. Before I did a tremendous amount of work. Removing rust, filling in holes and painting with automotive paint. I used a paint brush and thinner to apply the automotive paint . The end result was amazing.  The first trailer was the small brown one. Then the big brown and cream showing before Ipainted it. The last one is the white one. This last time I am applying flat house paint with a roller and not bothering with holes and rust removal. I learned that once rust is on metal you can not get rid





of it. So all your hard work is in vain. here are some pictures. The brown and cream colors were to match our tow vehicle at the time, a Suburban. The white trailer I repainted  for the first time many years ago. And now will be painting it for the last time. We plan to get another trailer in better condition after a while.



2 comments:

  1. I've painted two horse trailers and one horse box during my lifetime, it's a lot of work, kudos to you !
    Looks great.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work Thanks for your comment !!

      Delete