Sunday, December 6, 2015

I am thinking about Christmas more and more. We got our first card yesterday from my Mom in England. Today I may get some ingredients to make some of my English favorites, Christmas cake and Christmas pudding, and mince pies.  Money is a big issue this year, as we spent close to two thousand dollars in vet bills for one of our dogs Roy and one of our horses Sierra, neither of them lived.
I will make a wreath for the front door soon, and get down the boxes from the attic, there is a small artificial tree I can use.
On another note. Yesterday while trail riding with Doug, Coco fell down partly to the ground, her nose touched the ground, and her front legs buckled. This is one of the worst stumbles I have experienced on a horse. The trail was level and footing good. no obvious holes or anything. I lost both stirrups, and used my hand and arm on her poll to push myself back into the saddle and she got up right away. Very strange and unnerving, but we carried on and rode for a while afterwards and she was fine.
Me on Coco at left and our good friend Steven on Karrot.
There are no pictures of me and Doug riding together yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment