Monday, September 3, 2018

I am still recovering from a visit from my step son and his new girl friend and my step grand son who is five. Oh and the girlfriends large dog ( an American Bulldog) who I was not expecting. Step son did not think it necessary to mention the dog because my husband and I are dog lovers. The truth is we lost our two dogs a few years ago now, both to cancer. They both died in my arms.  Roy and Kole were our children. Beautiful Australian Shepherds. I can hardly bear to look at dogs because I get emotional. Plus we have a cat and apparently this dog chases cats... I sat and cried alone on the floor of my office with the door shut looking up at my baby, my cat frightened standing on the windowsill too afraid to come into the house.
Everything was OK and it was a learning experience for all of us including my cat.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully you and your cat have been together comforting each other by now. I have two timid cats so can understand your being upset.-Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Yes my cat is now back to normal thank goodness !!

      Delete
  2. I know just how you feel - a friend arrived with her young Labrador - no collar or lead - just brought it into the house without asking, and as we had several very old cats at the time, I was worried that it might suddenly leap at one of them. "Oh it's alright," friend said breezily, "He's used to cats, we've got one." But that's not always the way with strange-to-him cats. I was glad when they left . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes some people just do not understand about cats !! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete