Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The pitfalls of writing my horse memoirs

 The cat ( Smokey also known as Kitten is a 12 year old ex feral cat) is now more of a nuisance, because just when I am looking at my screen for pictures or about to type something important for my blog he is there !! I have tried training him with compressed air , believe me he is stubborn !! ( He is about the fifteenth cat that I have owned. )

Smokey may be realizing that I do not want him treading on the keys, or in front of the screen. 


Then I do not sleep as well, because my mind is busy thinking, there is a lot to think about. Such as what did happen at a certain time, what were the names of certain horses. I can not ask my twin, because we are not speaking, or my first husband, he is no longer here in physical form. I could ask my daughter but she is busy  and reluctant to go there. My son does not want to remember because of his dad. I am able to remember enough to  hopefully  make things interesting for the reader, But it is more for me. I am realizing many truths that I did not in the past. It almost like having a good therapist.  Looking for photos is challenging, because I never took the time to organize them, Except for Sierra's photo album. Then it is deciding what pictures to include. I am fortunate to have a great scanner, and of course figuring out how to put things here on blogger .I have enough material to keep me going for quite some time.

Some of my photo albums

I know that I can not include them all

Just one page of un cataloged pictures in my computer files. Yes I do have back up.I want to make "photo books"I have just got one via Face Book which I am very pleased with.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, this post touches on a lot of family stuff that leaves me with a ton of questions! But since it IS family stuff, it seems intrusive to ask....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I went to reply and then realized that you meant about this post not my memoirs. I will be getting to what happened with my family as I progress with those. Thanks for your comment Michelle.

    ReplyDelete