Friday, July 24, 2020

Horse Acupuncture for KIng Karrot

What an experience. Karrot had needles stuck all over his top line and head. He had laser therapy and electricity through the needles to stimulate his nerves and get his muscles relaxed ( I think ) He loved it and stood like a rock with his nose resting in my hair.  Joan the vet who did this, is amazing... whew it takes me a few days to get grounded again. So this morning Karrot definitely has a change, He is striding equally with both hind legs. Unless I give him bute ( a horse pain killer) he steps much shorter with one leg. However was this from the treatment, that is the trouble you see there is no absolute proof. So Joan is coming back on August the first for treatment #2. I have not got the bill yet. I almost forgot Karrot,  has some Chinese herbs to take also.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty positive. I know when my Arab Fahly used to have Bowen Therapy he would be "in the zone" and on one occasion literally thrust his head into Deb's arms for him poll to be done. I hope that Karrot will continue to have freedom of movement - better than having to give him Bute all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you yes Bute is a last resort. Karrot continues to look better. I just looked up Bowen therapy, so it is a massage type of therapy? Arabs are so amazing, We had two grandsons of the great Russian Arab Muscat/Crabbet through Kellog lines at one time, both gone now.

      Delete