Monday, January 9, 2023

Everything is dry in the house

 The patching of the roof worked and we had rain for most of the night and now continuing for the day. I had a plastic drop cloth over the bed just on case. With an old bath mat under where a bucket would go.

The horses are all blanketed and with warm bran mashes and lots of hay to keep them happy and warm and hydrated.We put two rubber mats in for Coco as she was standing in manure water. We are waiting for dryness so that Hector the ranch cleaner and feeder, can get the big tractor out and scoop a load of sandy soil and put it in the front of both Coco and Pesky's pens and then rubber mats on top. Rubber mats cost $50 each so we will see how we go. They are very heavy so Doug drills holes in each corner so that we can use hay hooks to drag them where we want them, it takes two. I was delighted to see that we can buy non smooth ones as they can be extremely slippery. My old horse who died a few years ago, slipped on a smooth one in the wash rack and got stuck unable to rise under the wash rack metal railings. I was able to drag him out by his halter, while Doug went for help.

I will keep myself occupied this afternoon by finding two pedigrees and one compilation, and then packing them and shipping them. I have sold them on Ebay and Etsy. Secretariat, Princequillo and the military horse Reckless that was in S. Korea. They are in a file cabinet and not in strict alphabetical order. I have over 200 

Here is the compilation that I made, designed etc of Sergeant Reckless

pedigrees and compilations that I have made since 2003 and first got the idea.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting job you have. There was a feed about the racehorse Man O'War in my feed today. What a lovely horse, with a super swinging walk - you just knew he would gallop well seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed interesting and I love it. I prayed for help in finding something that I could make money at and this is what came up !! Man O' War is one of my biggest sellers with Secretariat.

      Delete