Wednesday, November 23, 2022

An unexpected injury

This morning out at the horses I was just going about my usual chores and I turned away from one of the corrals and stepped right into a big ground squirrel hole. I actually fell down... when you are 69 years old your first thought is have I broken anything. I sat there for a minute or so. Hubby Doug meanwhile was busy with his chores and getting ready to saddle up Knight. I got up and hobbled straight to the nearest bucket of cold water. Hector was the first to notice. He is the ranch feeder and stall cleaner. He does not speak English usually but he said the word broken. By then I knew it was a twisted ankle so I said its OK not broken. I wrapped it in vet wrap soaked it some more and sprayed it with horse liniment.  Doug finished my chores and got me into chair and I sat while he went out for a ride. I hope that this is a few days ankle twist. I am trying to remember the last time I had something like this. Tomorrow

I brought home supplies; vet wrap a horse bandage and liniment

My ankle wrapped in vet wrap. I am sitting here at my desk at home.

is Thanksgiving ,  thankfully just a few family members are expected and Doug and his son Jonathan are great cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment