Saturday, June 23, 2012

Doug is up in Fort Bragg to get the rest of our stuff. He took son Jon with him and picked up the other son Jody in Berkeley. Lorraine the new owner said that she did not want so many roosters, so D took some to the feed store to find new homes. He will also be bringing 3 roosters here when he comes back, plus a few hens. We set up a large chain link dog run for them with shader on the top. Hopefully they will be able to run free in the day. I am very much looking forward to hearing roosters crowing again and hens clucking and laying some nice eggs.  In the meantime I have been riding Karrot every other day around the 10 acres here. I have unearthed some rocks with a crow bar and they look very nice out in the outer edges of the garden. I have out witted the rabbits with a bloodmeal hot pepper mix. I have got some wild flower and mexican poppy seeds planted and I am trying to keep them watered so that they will sprout.  Along the front of the house a lot of nasturtiums, cal poppies, and morning glories have germinated and are growing well. I also transplanted a few native plants with tap roots. Several may actually live. One I have identified as Jimsonweed a very magnificent plant with hugh bell shaped white flowers.
There is talk that the property here can be split in to two  5 acre parcels hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment