Sunday, May 3, 2015

The garden is bursting forth with growth and we have two chickens who have gone broody, they are sharing the same nest. We do not have a rooster so the 21 days spent sitting on the eggs will be in vain. I could get Doug to get then off the nest. He does not mind having his hands pecked, but I am enjoying not having the garden in disarray from all the scratching of the hens and uprooting of plants and eating of choice vegetables. The one remaining hen who is out and about is much easier to cope with.We do not really have the room for a separate pen for them. Doug is off shortly to help his daughter sort some things out at her house. She is able to stay living in the house after a hearing in front of a judge to overrule an earlier judgement that was lodged by her own mother. I will be joining them after I go on Skype with my sister in England.
Smokey sleeping on my side of the bed
The fish pond
The vegetable garden with "mushrooms" that were the footings from the old deck
The table on the back patio with flowers from the garden nad the newly painted benches, table etc.
Kole one of our two Australian Shepherds.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking lovely and I really like your dining area with your newly painted table and benches. Kole is looking very relaxed. X

    ReplyDelete