Sunday, July 1, 2012

We now have two hens and two roosters. The big rooster starts crowing at 3:30 in the morning and woke me up again this morning. But it is worth it, I love hearing him during the rest of the day. Then I let the two hens and the big rooster out of the  pen after egg laying time. Rocky the other rooster is let out first thing , because the big rooster attacks him when he gets down off his roosting pole. Some of the horses here have never seen chickens. It is lovely to see them down in the pens pecking and scratching around.
Our pipe corral panels came a few days ago. Yesterday we started to put them up as a round pen, with the help of Jessie and husband Onofre and Steve our landlord with a tractor. There are also two shaders which were put up at the one end. More work today, and then we can get Additur/ Pesk in it and exercised.
Doug and I went out to Long Beach to see the Queen Mary the ship that my Dad had sailed on as a prisoner of war. It is very big and art deco. We also saw the Princess Diana dress exhibition. If I could find my books with pictures of her in them I would be interested to see the dresses again.


Me with Doug's ex wife Nancy and her boy friend at Aiden's party
 


Doug with grand daughter Quinn and her dad Onofre behind her. At left D son Jon and  his son Aiden. Daughter Jessie mother of Quinn at right, with daughter Lilly.
  We also went to Nancy's ( D ex wife) house to be part of a second Birthday party for D grandson Aiden . It is always interesting to be around the fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment