Friday, February 12, 2016

Doug and I have been sick for many days with a virus that has been going around. It  affects mostly the lungs and keeps you up all night with a cough, we discovered cough medicine !! I went out to the horses by myself yesterday and Doug did likewise last week when I was in the middle of the sickness. Basically it takes all you strength away and you want to do nothing. We are fortunate that we live where it is sunny and warm, it certainly helps to be outside in the sunshine.
We had friends Julie and Cameron visit on Monday and Doug took them to dinner as I felt to out of it to go. It feels really good to be getting better and feeling more energetic. I managed to refinish our dining table which had been bothering me for some time. Now all the old shellac is off and I have stained and waxed it, no more worries about  water marks.
One of our two hens laid an egg today, the first egg of the season. Rain is forecast for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment